We are not responsible for
links to external sites
Find good 60s stuff
A selection of links to other good 60s music sites - with special emphasis on the Liverpool/Hamburg scenes. Let us know if you should be here, or if any of these links have gone dead.
- Listen to our music and post your comments
- Mike Hart - the "lost" session
- Youtube also has tracks from Mike's proposed third solo project - not heard for some 30 years.
- On the radio
- Pete has a few Beatles-related anecdotes in this interview.
- Find music from The Roadrunners and also Mike Hart's "lost" solo project here.
- A few more pics and tunes here.
- Bear Family Records
- Producers of a fabulous 4 CD box set of early Star Club recordings, which includes the Roadrunners' first album. Now out of stock, so Google for "Die Ariola Star-Club Aufnahmen". Ref: BCD 16226. (Or try Amazon.)
- Cherry Red Records
- Publishers of a compilation CD including Mike Hart's first solo album, plus bonus tracks from the Roadrunners and the Liverpool Scene. Also see their download page for a couple of Mike's solo songs (under "M" for Mike, not "H" for Hart.)
Sites with Roadrunners' connections
- Hamburg Sites
- Glenn Gass of Indiana University has several pics of the Hamburg scene here. Also pics of other sites with Beatles connections.
- Hamburg Sites - 2
- Hamburg maps, photos of 60s venues, info. A great site from Andy Lisius.
- Hamburg Web
- If you want to know anything about Hamburg, start here with the city's very own search engine (in German).
- K&K Center of Beat
- Original pics from the 60s scene, news of bands and gigs. Also a superb collection of Star Club stuff. Highly recommended.
- From the Liverpool Post & Echo newspapers, it's a good starting point for contemporary Merseyside stuff and links to some Beatles fan pages.
- Mersey Beat
- Bill Harry's authoritative chronicle of 60s Mersey music - check out the "Editorial" section for the archived articles.
- Merseybeat Nostalgia
- A fan site from someone who was around in those glorious days when Liverpool ruled the music world.
- BBC Radio Merseyside
- Links to a programme on Mike's career with the Roadrunners, Liverpool Scene and as a solo artist.